Inspired by a family tradition of entrepreneurship, launching Syracuse Makeup Artistry in 2004 came naturally for Riki Lebied. Originally envisioning a career in Photography, Riki now translates her inherently keen eye, knowledge of light and artistic abilities into the aesthetics of every stunning wedding look she creates for her brides.
While in NYC for a Cynthia Rowley photo shoot with fashion photographer Jeff Licata, Riki knew that makeup was about to become her life. She remembers hovering over the talented freelance makeup artist Stephen Dimmick, studying his technique and realizing this was her destiny. When asked if he could offer her any advice about her future career, he looked down at his brushes and said, “In the makeup world we say…Keep beating them down.” That quote has stayed with her for the past 13 years.
After graduating with a degree in Illustration Photography from the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Riki took her knowledge of lighting, styling and art and began a career with MAC Cosmetics in 2003. From the start, Riki has focused on building a strong portfolio and a successful freelance career. She continued her education at Aesthetic Science Institute in 2008 and became a Licensed Esthetician at CNY Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery. She had the privilege of working under board certified plastic surgeons, Dr. Gregory Baum and Dr. Anthony Deboni, where she continued to focus on skin and laser techniques for 3 years. She has worked in wedding industry for a over decade and has serviced over 500 weddings. In 2013, Riki launched her own exclusive cosmetics collection.
Riki specializes in flawless airbrush makeup application, custom lash application, organic airbrush tanning, brow shaping and waxing. To inquire about Riki’s availability, please email email@example.com or click on services to book an appointment.
- 2003 Recipent of Jeff Licata Photography Award – (Syracuse University)
- May 2003-March 2009 – Mac Makeup Artist – (Macy’s East)
- 2006 Makeup Artist at “Artist for AIDS” – (Cleveland, OH)
- 2006 Makeup for Model Danelle Diachuk – (Maxim Magazine Hometown Hotties Finalist – 2005 & 2006)
- 2006 Makeup for Singer Kim Monroe – (Album Cover Art)
- 2007 Makeup for Lava Club Promotions – (Turning Stone Casino) Click here to view Commercial
- 2008 NYS Licensed Esthetician
- 2008-2011 – CNY Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery – Licensed Esthetician for Dr. Gregory Baum & Dr. Anthony Deboni
- 2011 Recommended Wedding Vendor for Style Me Pretty
- 2016 Published Makeup Work for national magazine First for Women
- 2016 Certified in Keratin Lash Lifting
- 2017 Advanced training in Brow Shaping
Training includes over 20 Master classes by MAC Cosmetics (exclusively for employees only) & Temptu Airbrush Workshop