Microblading, also called eyebrow embroidery or micropigmentation, is the process of implanting color pigment beneath the surface of the skin by means of a tiny, sterile, disposable needle to produce the appearance of cosmetic makeup or to enhance the natural features of the face.
They fade over time and should be refreshed every 1-1.5 years for maintenance. Fading is desired as your skin and facial structure will change as aging occurs. Semi-Permanent make up is an ART not a science. Client results will vary. Even though it is effective and lasts up to a year in most cases, no guarantee can be made that a specific client will benefit from the procedure. Everyone’s skin is different, it is very important that each client understands that I can create perfect, gorgeous brows but ultimately it is up to your skin to retain my semi-permanent cosmetic service. Generally the results are amazing but it very much depends on your own skin type, texture and oiliness.
These factors will cause your semi-permanent tattoo to fade faster:
- Iron deficiency
- Sun exposure
- Strong immune systems
- Exposure to salt water
The first appointment is about structure, design, and building hair strokes. The touch up is about seeing how the skin heals and retains pigment, as well as making any necessary adjustments to achieve better symmetry, definition, or volume
In most cases, only a minor touch up is necessary to fill in any sparse areas for a very natural look and some do choose to skip the touch-up appointment to keep the look more natural. This appointment is included in the initial pricing.
If you are opting for a fuller more defined look, then the touch-up is recommended to achieve desired results.
Some may need a 3rd session to complete the process. Especially if you have little to no hair to begin with, have scar tissue, oily skin type, or we are trying to cover up an old tattoo.
- Do NOT DRINK ALCOHOL OR CAFFEINE before the procedure (at least 24hrs for alcohol)
Do NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such a Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen unless medically necessary, 48-72 hrs prior to your procedure. Extra strength Tylenol can be taken if you have low pain tolerance.
- If you have recently tanned this will affect the outcome of the healed color.
- If you’ve had laser removal of previous work done by someone else, the treated area has now more scar tissue and can affect the outcome of the result. More treatments may be necessary to have the skin take the color.
- Botox should be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid exercising the day of procedure as this will open up the pores.
- Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- No waxing or tinting 3 days before the appointment.
- The first appointment is about structure, design, and building hair strokes. The touch up is about seeing how the skin heals and retains pigment, as well as making any necessary adjustments to achieve more definition and volume.
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. Over the next 2 days it will appear even darker and thicker as scabs begin to form. Let the scabs naturally flake off bit by bit. It will take up to 14 days for scabbing to be over.
- You may NOT get the area wet or apply any kind of products (except what I provide for your aftercare) for at least 10 days after. NO makeup on the area for 2 weeks.
- You can not work out for 10 days after the appointment.
The pigments used are considered the safest semi-permanent pigments to use for skin and do not contain heavy metals.
Two hours. The consultation is actually part of your appointment! After filling out paperwork, we consult, draw your perfect shape and take photos even before the procedure begins. Please allow yourself extra time and do not bring children to the appointment.
You may NOT have this procedure if :
- You are under 18
- You get Keloid scars
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have been on Accutane within 1 year
- You have irritation of the skin of any kind such as blemishes, pimples, rash, psoriosis, eczema, rosacea, sunburn on the area of procedure.
- You are on Retin-A or Retinols. Be off 7 days before appointment and avoid 30 days after procedure.
- Diabetic (consult your doctor)
- Have HIV or Hepatitus or any other viral infections and/or diseases
- Undergoing Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
- A Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Had an Organ transplant
- Sick (cold, flu, etc. Will affect the healing process, please reschedule)
- You generally don’t heal well and develop infections easily
- You have large pores in the forehead area/severely oily skin
- All needles are single-use, come in a sterilized package and are disposed of after each client.
- Implements such as gauze, cotton swabs, etc. are single-use and pre sterilized in an autoclave and disposed of after each client.
- Gloves and mask are worn at all times during the procedure and disposed of after each client.
- All stations are thoroughly disinfected with Caviwipes after each client.